Faith Child Care & Nursery School (FCCNS), in all aspects of its programs, seeks to strengthen and support the child and family. Whether a family seeks a limited nursery school experience or requires the support of full-time care, we provide many enriching learning experiences in an atmosphere of love and respect. Knowing that each child is a unique individual known best by parents, we encourage parent involvement and regular communication.
In order to ensure a quality experience, we provide a carefully planned program designed to meet the needs of the whole child – physical, social-emotional, language and communication, cognitive and spiritual. The basis for our program planning is the criteria developed by the National Association for Early Childhood Programs. The program considers the developmental level of the group as a whole and the individuals within the group.
Infant, Toddler and Preschool
- Full time and part time care
- Full year program
- 8 weeks through age 4
- 6:30 a.m.- 6:00 p.m.
- Younger preschool room and older preschool room
- Two, three or five mornings per week
- No Nursery School on Penfield Central School District break weeks
- Entering Kindergarten through 6th grade wrap program
- Before and after school care
- Summer camp
- 6:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Faith Child Care & Nursery School is a Christian program located in the Faith Lutheran Church in Penfield, NY. It provides an age appropriate, quality early childhood program in a well equipped, appealing, safe facility with indoor and outdoor play areas. It is dedicated to ensuring that our programs provide for the healthy growth of all children and actively advocates for children with special needs. Our teachers support children and families in a loving, nurturing setting that seeks to ensure that each child knows God loves them by sharing the good news of our faith. FCCNS provides an outstanding opportunity for children to begin the process of learning and developing social consciousness in a Christian setting.
- Christian, developmentally appropriate curriculum
- Enthusiastic staff committed to making you and your child know that FCCNS is the place to be
- Bi-weekly music enrichment during the school year
- Literature, health and science enrichment with our in-house experts
- Large muscle play available daily, indoors and outside
- Stimulating field trips
- USDA approved meals
- Weekly chapel
- Service projects for children
- Teachers work with individual children, small groups and the whole group at different times during the day
- Focus on “process” rather than “product”
- Develop concepts of trust and respect
- Learning through hands-on and discovery activities
- ScienceStart! participant
- FCCNS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious, national or ethnic origin
“I feel very secure when I leave my children each morning – I’m able to go to work knowing they’re safe and receiving quality care and attention from caring and qualified teachers and individuals.”
"I think about my children during the day while they are at FCCNS, but I don't worry about them."
“To refer to everyone at FCCNS as ‘staff’ would seem inappropriate and impersonal. It is more a family-like environment with caring individuals taking a specific and genuine interest in the care and development of my child and trying to maximize their learning potential while at the same time instilling Christian-based values."